- Notepad++ 6.7.1 released Dec 21 2014
- Notepad++ 6.7 released Dec 14 2014
- Notepad++ 6.6.9 released
- Notepad++ 6.6.8 released Jul 27 2014
- Notepad++ 6.6.7 released Jun 24 2014
- Notepad++ 666 Friday the 13th edition Jun 12 2014
- Response and Apology for Sexist Jokes Jun 07 2014
- Notepad++ 6.6.4 Tiananmen June Fourth Incident Edition Jun 04 2014
- Notepad++ 6.6.3 released May 18 2014
- Notepad++ 6.6.2 released May 08 2014
Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
I hope you enjoy Notepad++ as much as I enjoy coding it.