01 May, 2014
The main feature of this release is Session snapshot & periodic backup. If this feature is enabled (enabled by default), user won't be asked to save unsaved file as he quits Notepad++, and on startup Notepad++ restores the unsaved file and unsaved untitled document of last session.
This feature brings another advantage - periodic backup of unsaved files which protects your data from the PC crashing or power outage.
06 March, 2014
- The word-completion feature is re-enabled for ANSI document under Chinese environment.
- Auto-detection encoding feature can detect non-Unicode encoding.
- Wildcard character (* and ?) and recursion (-r) support for command line arguments.
18 February, 2014
- Enhance Notepad++ to conform with DPI-aware application.
- Make extension column optional in vertical file switcher.
- Add 3rd option "function + word completion" in auto-completion feature.
03 November, 2013
- Add search and sort capacities in function list.
- Fix synaptics touchpad scrolling problem
29 September, 2013
- CoffeeScript supported.
- Auto-close feature
- Multi-pastefor multi-selection and column mode
- Enhancement of function list
- Bug fixes
09 August, 2013The version 6.4.5 contains a regression fix on recent files history from v6.4.4.
08 August, 2013A lot of bug fixes and some new features make Notepad++ even more handy to use.
Thank Andreas Jonsson, Neomi, Ede_123 and Dave Brotherstone for their code contribution.
28 July, 2013A crash issue of FunctionList has been fixed
Delimiter selection and multi-instance options are enhanced.