Customize Toolbar - New Version 4.1
Version 4.1 of Customize Toolbar has been released.
Version 4.1 fixes the problem that prevented the ‘Folder Margin Style’ options (in Notepad++ Settings > Preferences > Editing) from actually changing the folder margin style. In order to fix this problem, the command codes for the ‘Hide … Margin’ menu items and toolbar buttons have had to be changed (see Release Notes below).
Both ANSI and Unicode variants are available for download at:
New features, changes and fixes in Version 4.1:
Chg: Command code for Hide Line Number Margin menu item and toolbar button changed from 44012 to 44212.
Chg: Command code for Hide Bookmark Margin menu item and toolbar button changed from 44013 to 44213.
Chg: Command code for Hide Folder Margin menu item and toolbar button changed from 44014 to 44214.
Fix: Changing Folder Margin Style in Notepad++ Settings > Preferences > Editing dialog did not change folder margin style. Fixed.
My pleasure. :)
- Custom buttons (unlike the plugin’s internal buttons) would not be available.
- No. The order is saved in CustomizeToolbar.dat created automatically by Customize Toolbar.
- That’s a request for the developer. :)
First, Thank You !!!
For years I’ve tried using the Custom Button feature, only to have it never work.
What I discovered today on wX is that if the Custom Buttons menu item is checked, the Custom buttons are disabled. When the Custom Buttons is unchecked the buttons are enabled.
I copied in the .btn file from Customize.Toolbar.Images.Some.Python.Scripts.zip removing the Python lines.
Now after editing the Custom Buttons file, no action enables the custom buttons. The .dat file is recreated, but none of the buttons in the file are added to the list or to the toolbar.
Restoring the CustomizeToolbar.btn file from the Customize.Toolbar.Images.Some.Python.Scripts.zip does not work.
Deleting the .dat and .btn files restores the default set, but no extra buttons functionality
@dave-user Any chance you can take a look at these requests again?
- 48x48 (or larger size toolbar icons)
- better organized icons (in subfolder)
- better stability of toolbar (per @Ian-Eales )
where to get the source code?
I’ve had to switch NPP to 64-bit due to editing restrictions on some corporate software… (long, boring story)
Of course there are very few plugins available but the one I really want is Customize Toolbar… Any chance of a 64-bit version?
I’d suggest to email the developer (Dave).
His address appears in Customize Toolbar -> Help - Overview.
CoustomizeToolbar.btn file doesn’t support the drop-down menu item with comma inside.
Eg. Line up multiple lines by(,) include comma inside and hence doesn’t work.
TextFX,TextFX Edit,Line up multiple lines by(,), xxx.bmp.
Hope to add this feature in new version.
Also if you want own icon, you may find my tool to be handy :) You can create 16x16 icon with it: https://mini.krzysiu.net/icon-generator/ (for now only icons with text, but I’m planning to add symbol font)
And then you want to prepare proper BMP. I recommend ImageMagick. The command is:
magick convert icon.png BMP3:new_icon.bmp
icon.pngis the original file and
new_icon.bmpwill be a proper one. Remember that
BMP3:is the most important thing here, as the plugin uses BMP version 3 icons. I didn’t manage to save proper icon in GIMP - it seems it uses BMP4 format and it breaks custom button.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use default
- Get http://up.krzysiu.net/5USYfpP3d1/toolbar_ico_phperr0.bmp (16x16 bit BMP, 8 bit, yet not compatibile with the plugin; it’s RLE, but non-RLE or any other saved by Gimp were causing the same problem) and place it inside icon directory (in my case
- Replace in
Edit,Select All,,,toolbar_ico_phperr0.bmp(i.e. replace icon of button that was working at first)
- Run Notepad++ - there’s no “Select all” button in available list
- Close Notepad++, replace the same line in
CustomizeToolbar.btnwith old version ([…]
- Button is still missing, even if there’s correct icon now
Workaround I found to get missing buttons back:
- Close N++
- Move to save place
- Run N++, so Customize Toolbar will recreate files (default ones) and supposedly some cache
- Close N++
- Replace default files with the copy from 2nd point
- Use default
@dave-user Any plans on implementing a 64-bit version and/or can you make the source available through GitHub?
Why error? img
Why error? look img
@Alexander-Kravchenko uninstall DSpellCheck plugin to “solve” problem.