Bug: Dragging in a folder opens it in a folder as workspace view
The new folder as workspace “feature” has broken the ability to drag in folders to open all subfiles. This has completely broken my workflow, as it was one of the major features I used, it has interrupted me enough to cause me to roll back to 6.8.8 instead.
Please add back in this feature, perhaps as an option or by altering how it works so when you drag in a folder over the main text editor, it functions like it always has, and when you drag over the workflow it opens it there.
I agree. I am sure this feature is great, but I used the recursive file loading feature extensively and I need a way to turn this new folder as workplace off. I have rolled back as a workaround in the meantime.
+1 on the ‘broken workflow’. I miss being able to open multiple files with a single action!
Added to GitHub as Issue#1668:
And, while I’m thinking about it, I’ve found a workaround:
- open the folder in Windows Explorer;
- search for e.g. “php” – this shows all files with that file extension;
- drag-and-drop those files into NPP; and
- NPP will open all the files (and not the workspace panel)
Same over here. Any possibility to disable that feature? Maybe by a plugin or something? The suggestion made by SilkAndSlug does not work for me as I have to handle different filetypes and A LOT files at the same time.
Same for me. I wish I can disable this option because I need the old drag and drop feature.
I found one workaround:
- Copy your folder path from File Explorer
- Paste folder path to a new empty document in Notepad++
- Select the folder path
- Alt+F5, which is the “Open file” item in the Run menu.
I found another easy workaround:
- Have a Notepad++ program shortcut file on your Desktop.
- Drag the folder from File Explorer to the Notepad++ shortcut.