Notepad++ core: Function list not working properly
Build time : Feb 21 2016 - 21:27:55
Path : E:\PortableApps\Notepad++Portable\App\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
Admin mode : OFF
Local Conf mode : ON
OS : Windows 10
Plugins : NppConverter.dll NppExport.dll PluginManager.dll mimeTools.dll HTMLTag_unicode.dll JSMinNPP.dll PythonScript.dll LightExplorer.dll
When the functionlist comes across a function name that starta with “for” it lists it as name without those first three letters. Example: the function format_line is shown in the function list as ormat_line.
This is a general problem and it depends on what kind of file you are editing.
If you are editing C files, then you have to avoid functions starting with
“if”, “while” or “for”
The problem is in the functionList.xml.
Any interrupt functions of the format…
void foo(void) __interrupt(1)
…are not included in the function list either.
I have tried to solve it…
The TagsView plugin has a superset of the functionality of the function list feature, but it doesn’t have any restrictions on the function names that I am aware of. You might want to give it a try.
Thanks Jim, TagsView is cool. It does not have the problems with name restrictions.
but it has some “features” in C, that is the only file type I have tested:
If you have an interrupt function like
void ISR_function_name(void) __interrupt(INTERRUPT_NUMBER)
it is listed as “__interrupt”
It gets confusing if you have more than one interrupt function.
Also you have to hit the update button each time you have add or changed the name of a function.
But overall a great improvement.