Request: Focus file opened from shell, even if already-opened files have changed
So I have this use-case:
While I’m developing, I typically have many files open in Notepad++. These include log files and other files that might change externally.
I usually open new files by opening them from the shell, usually from Total Commander.
What currently happens when I want to open a new file is this:
- I select the file in Total Commander.
- I press F3 to active the shell open command.
- Notepad++ is activated.
- Notepad++ opens the selected file.
- For each file that has changed (e.g. many log files!), Notepad+ asks whether I want to reload the file. I select yes or no, depending on my needs. I don’t want to change the Notepad++ behaviour here. But Notepad++ also focuses (selects the tab) of the file that has changed.
- After looping through all the changed files, the last file for which Notepad++ asked me to reload is now focused.
- The file that I opened from Total Commander is open, but the tab is unfocused and hidden between my 100s of open tabs.
My request is that after looping through all the changed files that Notepad++ it ultimately focuses the shell opened file.
Hmmm. So I’m quite new to the Notepad++ forums. What do I do to get my request noticed by the developers? I think I laid out my request quite well and the use case should be widely used enough to be relevant.