PowerShell Language Woes
I just want PowerShell syntax highlighting but it’s proving elusive.
- When I open .ps1 files no syntax is highlighted
- PowerShell is listed under “Language” -> “P” -> “PowerShell”
- When I click it from the Language menu nothing happens
- I had already created a User-Defined Language “PowerShell” which appears at the bottom of the Language Menu. Clicking this DOES highlight the syntax. But not when I open the file.
- Weirdly, Powershell is not listed in any language XML files I can find. So why is it in the Language -> P menu?
should be, at least, in langs.xml and langs.model.xml.
If it isn’t - I would download your current npp as zip and replace
the mentioned files with the downloaded ones. Just to test.
Note, depending on your installation the langs.xml is either in
the installation directory or under %APPDATA%\notepad++ directory.