Selected Text Surround with quotes
Is there a way to surround selected text with quotes? I have tried few plugins but none of them is performing this task… Its really easy with brackets but i have RTL text and brackets is not doing well with that. Here is a question on superuser. https://superuser.com/questions/377529/wrap-selection-around-in-notepad but solution is not working. I have just spent about an hour for solution but nothing found so far. Would appreciate any help.
I would have suggested the macro solution as well as I used it also and it was working for me.
What issue did you encounter using this solution?
Thanks @Claudia-Frank for quick reply. If it works for you then i think i’m using it wrong. I haven’t used macros before. Here’s what i did.
- I selected multiple paragraphs.
- Started macros recording
- Used CTRL+X to cut text.
- I’m not sure how to use this step as mentioned on superuser. So I pasted that text in a different editor and included quotes around it. Pasted it back in n++ on same place.
- Stopped macros.
- Selected next few paragraphs and played macros but it didn’t do anything.
I even tried to use ‘[’ Text here ‘]’ as mentioned on superuser but same result. Can you please explain how to do it properly. So i can select next paragraphs and playing macros add quotes. Thanks.
- Select multiple paragraphs
- Start macro recording
- Use CTRL+X to cut text
Now you should see that your selection has disappeared, correct?
CTRL+X cuts the text and puts it into the clipboard.
- Type your first quote where the current cursor is (same editor)
- CTLR+V (now you should see the quote and the previously selected text)
- Type the second quote (now you should have what you want)
- Stop recording
Now select another text and press play macro -> you should see that
this selection has been encased by the quotes as well. If this works you can do
- Save macro
Then you would see under menu Macro the name you choose and it will do this action again if you click on it.