Solved Problem with Notepad++ taking over a minute to launch.
Notepad ++ was taking forever to open initially, but once it was open it functioned normally. The cause of the slow down was in my workplace file. I had files to network locations that no longer existed. Once I removed those, or modified to the new location for the file it was back to opening quickly. I ended up using procmon to track what the executable was doing and that is when I noticed the “PATH NOT FOUND” messages. I made the changes and boom all is well in the world again… (all is well except for Trump, that f*&#er just ain’t right).
I just wanted to share in case someone else bumped into the same problem.