Newbie Quesiton about Formatting
Hello, I am completely new using Notepad++
When I open a file with extension .int (EDI file)
I get all the data in one line. How can I get it to break at “~” and go to the next line?
If you’re just looking to get it in human-readable format, you can replace the ~ with a new line - just keep in mind that this may break the format of the file. Editing the file in a way that the native software can read it may be much more complicated.
To replace the ~ with a new line:
- Open the Replace dialog box, either by pressing Ctrl+H, or from the menu, Search -> Replace
- In the Find what: field, type the
- In the Replace with: field, type
\r\n- note that these are backslashes, with the top of the slash pointing to the left
- In the Search Mode section, select Extended (or Regular Expression; either will work)
- Click the Replace All button