Can I modify the existing Fortran (fixed form) style to improve the folding?
I apologize if this is a silly question, first time posting.
In this demo code, the folding on the left side is not what I expected. I need to be able to fold every subroutine separately.
Stock Fortran fixed form
I created a demo UDL that looks like this:
And that seemed to work as shown:
Using my UDL
Now, can I add this modification to the existing Fortran (fixed form)?
Unfortunately, there can be only one lexer in play – either the builtin Fortran (fixed form) will be active, or your UDL will be active.
- live with the limitations of the builtin lexer
- live with the limitations of the UDL (and make it more complete)
- write your own lexer plugin (or pay someone to do it)
- try out @Claudia-Frank’s PythonScript-based lexers (search the forums) that you might be able to customize to get what you want.
- submit a bug report – I am not sure whether the builtin lexers are proprietary to scintilla, or just to NPP; if Scintilla, it would have to be thru their issues tracker (and then NPP would have to update it’s scintilla to match); if NPP, it would have to be thru the NPP issues tracker (see the FAQ )
Thanks Peter, I had a feeling this was the case but wanted to get an expert opinion. I wish there was a way to copy the builtin lexer to a UDL then make modifications to it.