Programming Languages List
Is there still a copy of some of the older programming languages syntax highlighting??
I am looking for Basic or GW Basic or macro languages.
BASIC: native lexers? No.
- well, there is hte Visual Basic lexer, which is a reasonable approximation
- there is the user defined language (UDL) capability. this outdated NppWiki article links to a couple of BASIC-like UDL files. I don’t know if they’re still valid links, or how compatible they are, but it might be worth starting there
- I’ve made a UDL for the particular flavor of BASIC for the TI99-4/a HOME COMPUTER from the early 80s; if you’d like that as an example, I can dig it up and make it available publically. Let me know.
- this post links to some of @Claudia-Frank’s excellent work on a lexer implemented in pythonscript, which might be able to be customized to suit your purposes
macro languages: you’ll have to be more specific.
Apparently, my TI BASIC UDL was lost… so I created a new one this morning: gist:ti-basic-udl.xml
For the curious:
- keywords1 = commands
- keywords2 = TI EXTENDED BASIC commands
- keywords3 = statements
- keywords4 = TI EXTENDED BASIC statements
- keywords5 = functions
- keywords6 = TI EXTENDED BASIC functions
- keywords7 = subprograms
- keywords8 = TI EXTENDED BASIC subprograms