Notepad++ v7.6.5 & GPG signatures
The first comment: nice!
many big thanks.
ps: 54 minutes early 😉
special big thanks to @saelic for his detailed gpg guide.
Notepad++ v7.6.5 new features and bug-fixes:
- Security enhancement: GPG Signature is provided for Notepad++ release.
- Fix a long waiting issue about file auto change detection: enhance “File status Auto-Detection” to avoid switching editing tab off behaviour.
- Fix encoding (language) detection regressions since v7.6.
- Fix a regression: double-clicking on a “find all in current document” result for an unsaved doc prompts to save it.
- Added close all unchanged tabs command.
- Restore deleted “Launch in browser” customized shortcuts in EU-FOSSA bounty program by implementing them in more secure way: Add “View Current File in Browser” for Firefox, Chrome, IE & Edge.
- Retain read only setting state in session.
- Enhancement: after file reload user can still undo.
- Fix a bug in command “Remove Consecutive Duplicate Lines” and make it work with old Macintosh EOL.
- Fix UDL language marker bullet position, if UDL Name exceeds 14 characters, extend UDL names to max 64 characters.
- Enhance external call code to avoid eventual arbitrary commands execution. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix crash issue by command “On Selection->Open File” while the number of selected characters is exceed 2048. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix crash issue of User Define dialog while deleting a unallocated entry. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix crash issue on shortcut command while its length exceed 260. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Add an enhancement on “Open…” command to prevent from the eventual crash. (EURO-FOSSA)
- Fix stack Buffer Overflow in Command::extractArgs. (EURO-FOSSA)
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.5
Updater (Installer only):
- WinGup (for Notepad++) v5.1
7.6.5 release is removed due to a crash issue.
This crash issue is fixed:
I’ll release v7.6.6 in few days. In the meantime the latest version is rolled back to v7.6.4