Notepad++ 7.7 Release Candidate (v2)
The 2nd try of 7.7 Release Candidate:
- Continue Microsoft binary code signing thanks to the offer from DigiCert (again).
- Upgrade Scintilla from v3.56 to v4.14.
- Fix a regression about memory issue while reloading a file.
- Fix cursor flickering problem after double clicking on URL.
- Make Python files default to using spaces instead of tabs.
- Add “Count in selection” option in Find dialog.
- Add Ctrl + R shortcut for “Reload from disk” command.
- Fix ‘’ display problem in CSS while using themes (Remove Batang font for CSS tags).
- Fix crash while right clicking on DocSwitcher’s column bar.
critical for default users:
if a manually installed plugin is removed with plugins admin, the whole plugins folder gets deleted.
It’s a bug, but not a critical one. Since we upgrade Scintilla from a very old version to a new one, I prefer to have minimum modification to deal with potential regression.
Deleting all plugins is not critical? I don’t agree. Apart from the Scintilla update v7.7 RC2 already includes 5 fixes which change the code basis of Notepad++. The fix for the bug is only a tiny change in one file. It should not be a problem to include it even if you want to take care for possible regressions concerning the Scintilla update.
Deleting all plugins is not critical?
Oups, my bad. I thought only the empty plugin folder is removed. In this case, it’s critical.
I’ll include this fix in RC V3 then. Thank you.