Bug with folding in user-defined language
I assume there is a little bug in the folding process.
Firstly excuse me for my English but it’s not my native language. So please ignore any grammar failures and sorry for that!
I have defined my own user language with separate open and close definitions. In general this works perfect and is very helpfully for our documentation. But in some cases (when I cascade such folding blocks) there are some trouble. The lines marked on the left side with the +/- sign are not matching with the real lines. When I fold such inner block, mostly the complete file to the end or the block with a wrong line number is folded. This error only occurs, when I have defined more than one block. I used the version 6.7.5 and upgraded now to 6.8 with the same problem. Did anyone known this problem?
Here is an example for the definitions:
Folding in code 1 styler
Here a code text:
#(001-005) headline 1
#(001) step 1
some comments here
#[yyyymmd hh:mm] finish step 1
#(002) step 2
some comments here
#[yyyymmd hh:mm] finish step 2
#[closing group 1 to 5]
With a click on the - sign left of line #(001) the block step 1 is folded, same with the others. If I click on the +/- sign left of the first line the complete group is closed or opened.
But sometimes (repeatable, often after larger comment blocks (without the signs for block start/end)) the line counter counts a wrong number and the block end marker is not in the line of the close-definition. Even the next start is moved and not synchron to the line with the open definition.
An interessting effect: If I change one character in the block (even if I change a space through a new space) the marking is renewed an shows the exact lines, but if I move the cursor to an other location and scroll back to the block the mark of the block is wrong.
A long text for a little problem :)
But I love Notepad++ and I were very happy if this bug would be fixed in one of the next releases.
Thank you a lot and have a nice day(s).
here is an update to this bug:
The problem only exist if I additional define a Comment&Number style (its equal if the style is defined as a comment line style with an open and a close condition or as a comment style). In both cases the folding defined by the Folder&Style (Folding in code 1 style) doesn’t works correctly.