Notepad++ 7.7 Release Candidate (v5)
The 5th try of 7.7 Release Candidate:
Notepad++ v7.7 new features and bug-fixes:
- list itemContinue Microsoft binary code signing thanks to the offer from DigiCert (again).
- Upgrade Scintilla from v3.56 to v4.14.
- Fix a regression about memory issue while reloading a file.
- Fix cursor flickering problem after double clicking on URL.
- Make Python files default to using spaces instead of tabs.
- Add “Count in selection” option in Find dialog.
- Add Ctrl + R shortcut for “Reload from disk” command.
- Fix \ display problem in CSS while using themes (Remove Batang font for CSS tags).
- Fix crash while right clicking on DocSwitcher’s column bar.
- Fix all plugins being removed problem while Plugin Admin romoves an old plugin (of old system).
Still can not type cyrillic in ANSI :(
I have tested 7.6.6 with Chinese characters, under Windows 10. It’s the same result as 7.7 (ie. cannot display in ANSI mode document).
I notice that you use Windows 7, it could be OS issue than Notepad++ issue.
Even it’s Notepad++ issue, I have no idea how to fix it for the moment.
A new release still will be done today. Please create an issue on GitHub after the 7.7 release coming out, we will work on this issue in the future.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Okay, thank you very much.
I am very pleased to update Scintilla v4.14. Thanks you!!!
About Cyrillic :
A similar problem with cyrillic at Ultra Compare but the opposite. Can write but reads as a characters ‘???’
Can read but can’t type.
OS : Windows 10 (64-bit)