Notepad++ 8.3.2 (Declare variables, not war)
Release Date: 2022-02-27
Due to a critical regressions found in 8.3.2 release, please download v8.3.3 in which the critical issues have been fixed.
Notepad++ v8.3.2 regression-fixes, bug-fixes and enhancement:
- Fix incorrect message while double clicking on search result regression. (Fix #11215, #11106)
- Fix regression: file can’t be saved if it’s set to other charset before. (Fix #11238)
- Fix UDL comment config input fields broken regression. (Fix #11239)
- Fix UDL dialog crash issue on over 30 created UDL. (Fix #11257)
- Add sorting document tab order commands by name, path, type and size under “Window” Menu. (Fix #10393)
- Add API NPPM_GETCURRENTLINESTR and variable $(CURRENT_LINESTR) for RunDlg. (Fix #11216)
- Support better 2GB+ file (cmdline & session file adaptation). (Fix #11213)
- Fix auto-completion sort order problem due to fx icon. (Fix #11233)
- Refine auto-saving session on exit behaviour. (Fix #11249)
- Enhance performance on exit with certain settings. (Fix #11219)
- Fix auto-complete case insensitive not working issue. (Fix #11187)
- Fix saving problem (regression) with “Sysnative” alias in x86 binary. (Fix #11196)
Notepad++ v8.3.1 regression-fixes, bug-fixes and enhancement:
- Fix XML tag adding or mark deletion crash issue. (Fix #11128)
- Fix wrong cursor position on opened file & cmdline ‘-n’ param not working regression. (Fix #11131)
- Revert “Enable backup on save (simple) feature by default”.
- Restore auto-completion insert selection default behaviour (now with both ENTER & TAB as expected). (Fix #11178)
- Fix Path Completion not working regression. (Fix #11147)
- Fix target directory parameter (/D=) ignored by x64 installer regression. (Fix #11072)
- Add icons on function items of auto-completion to distinguish from word items. (Implement #11087)
- Fix file dialog “Append extension” checkbox not working on empty folder. (Fix #10436)
- Fix link part of Dark Mode Customized tone not persistent issue. (Fix #11095)
- Fix NPPM_RELOADFILE not working with converted 8.3 DOS file name (from long file name) bug. (Fix #11106)
Notepad++ v8.3 new features and bug-fixes:
- Remove 2GB file open restriction for x64 binary.
- Improve large files (200MB) loading speed and editing/browsing performance.
- Fix Find in Files crash issue.
If you find any regression or critical bug, please report here:
More info about Declare variables, not war