28 May, 2012In this version, xml matching tags highlighting performance issue has been fixed. Several minor issues are enhanced and fixed as well.
20 May, 2012Notepad++ website was defaced on the 12th May.
Only the site's database was compromised, the release binaries are untouched.
02 May, 2012France needs Chuck Norris!
22 April, 2012In the first round of presidentential election, the French have lost. The National Front (French far-right party) won 18% of votes:
2 out of 10 persons voted for the far-right wing in 2012. Will France be governed by the fascists in 10 years?
17 April, 2012
Several critical bugs are fixed in this release. Besides the most important update In v6.1.1 is the enhancement of the license. Such enhancement will protect Notepad++ users from downloading bundled Notepad++ with the other Adware / spyware / crapware.
The project license is always GPL, but the definition of "derived work" is more accurate to avoid Notepad++ to be bundled and distributed with the parasite software by the malicious websites.
09 April, 2012Fixed bugs in version 6.1:
- Fix search/replace bug while Document Map is opened.
- Fix User Defined Language syntax highlighting problem while Document Map is opened.
- Fix showing Chinese characters problem while Document Map is opened.
- The old behaviour of comment/uncomment without selection is restored.
- Fix selecting all the text in document map while clicking on its dialog caption.
26 March, 2012In release 6:
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) is supported.
- Add Document Map feature (via Menu View->Document Map).
- Enhance the loading performance for the large file.
29 February, 2012In order to help TuxFamily Project to continue and then Notepad++ can benefit from their services, all the donation to Notepad++ will be redirected to tuxfamily.org for 1 month (from the 1st March to 31 March).
16 February, 201201Net repackage les logiciels libres (y compris Notepad++) avec leur barre d'outils BFM TV.
01Net bundled parasite software BFM TV toolbar within Notepad++ installer, and within the other OSS.