11 October, 2010
Here you can download new Notepad++ 5.8.2 release: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/release/5.8.2/
This version contains one crash fix and some bug fixes. The installer is improved in some points as well in this release.
Please do your remark and/or bug report in this thread of Notepad++ forum.
22 September, 2010
This release integrates the newest Scintilla component (v2.21), so there could be some regressions.
Please let me know if you find any critical issue.
28 September, 2010
Notepad++ 5.8.1 is available on http://notepad-plus-plus.org/release/5.8.1/
This version might be unstable due to Scintilla updating.
Hopefully there is no more crash issue. If you find the other critical issues, please report them here.
08 September, 2010
Enhancement and bug fixed (from v5.7)
- Update Scintilla to v2.21.
- Fix a vulnerability issue: Load ScinLexer.dll with its full path to avoid hijack.
- Fix dragging undocked window performance issue while using Vista Aero UI style.
- Fix large file truncated after loading problem.
- Improve file loading performance.
28 August, 2010
Notepad++ 5.7.1 release candidate is available:
(Download link missing - please contact us)
This version contains few majors fixes such as unicode file corrupted on saving bug, php syntax highlighting bug and some performance issues on Unicode files. Some new features are added: "search and replace action macro recording", "Modify Shortcut/Delete Macro" and "Modify Shortcut/Delete Command". Scintilla component is update to 2.20 in this version.
05 July, 2010
Under the pretext of cryptographic exportation control, US government made the major FOSS hosts (SourceForge, Google code, Fedora, etc...) in USA territory comply with the Export Administration Regulations. As a result they reject the access of FOSS resources from the 5 countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) in the "black list" of US government.
20 June, 2010
The contributions of project (Bug fixes, new features, binary translation, website translation, etc...) come from the worldwide.
Theoretically all the donations should be feed back to contributors of project. However, it's just impossible to share it fairly among the contributors.
06 June, 2010
Since January 2010, SourceForge has complied with US law to deny site access from 5 countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria).
16 May, 2010
Notepad++ v5.6.8 new features and fixed bugs (from v5.6.7)
- Fix comment stream without selection bug.
- Fix Find in files results highlighting regression bug.
- Fix regression bug (include the correct SciLexer.dll) about insensible case search mode.
Notepad++ v5.6.7 new features and fixed bugs (from v5.6.6)
- Fix "Find in files" crash bug.
- Focus (switch to) the dirty document while asking to save unsaved document when user close Notepad++.
- Fix the bug while giving command C:\NppDir>notepad++ (w/o quote), npp try to open file "notepad++".
- Enlarge regconition of clickable link from "http://" to any URI.
- Fix the bug while changing the language list in Style Configurator, the "Save and close" button is enabled.